Everything in the 5 hour tour PLUS an hour+ boat ride thru the 10,000 Islands to the Gulf of Mexico. We catch the boat behind a century old trading post that is a museum for the most out of the way place in Florida. Our guides are fisherman, all with century long family ties to the area.
2018 started out with Everglades trips as good as it gets. Record water levels have dropped, leaving lots of fish for thousands of wading birds. The boat ride thru the 10,000 Islands has been fantastic. Last trips all had:
- Dolphins first chasing fish, then playing with boat out of curiosity
- Hundreds of White Pelicans
- Dozens Rosseate Spoonbills
- American Bald Eagle
- Many Ospreys
- Hundreds of Wood Storks
- 100+ Gators
- Thousands of Herons, Egrets and Ibis
- Sorry, no manatees or rays the last trips but they are there.
Hour+ boat ride thru the 10,000 Islands to the Gulf of Mexico for dolphins, manatees, Roseate Spoonbills, White Pelicans and Calusa Shell Mounds. (Extended boat ride upon request)
+ stone crab lunch on fishing docks (not included)
+ Airboat to a Miccosukee Tree Island for gators, birds and history
+ Several stops in Big Cypress for more gators and birds
The best place to see what wildlife we hope to see is posted on my Instagram account on the top of my webpage.
- Potentially seeing 4 parks
- Everglades NP (Sawgrass region)
- Big Cypress National Preserve
- 10,000 Islands National Wildlife Refuge
- Fakahatchee State Park
The 7 Hour Everglades is a better tour, Much better! But for occasions like strong west winds or red tide, I will always offer downgrading to the 5 hour with a partial refund when conditions merit. .
RATES, TOUR TIMES, STOPS AND WHAT TO BRING
Adults (4-8 People) – $130 each
Children and Seniors (4-8 People) – $120 each
Adults (9-13 People) – $90 each
Note: Price doubles from 5 hour to 7 hour tour because my costs rise dramatically with the boat ride to the Gulf of Mexico. A complete cross section of South Florida, from the Atlantic to the Gulf of Mexico.
*Private tour departure time is determined by the customer, BUT the earlier the better. More gators and birds seen early.**
11:00 am is latest pickup for this tour. We don’t want to spoil your night out on the town but…
I also have a special request SUNSET TOUR that i rarely do but is SPECTACULAR. Sunset on the Gulf at a bird rookery.
- – American Bald Eagle : Sometimes seen
- – American crocodile – Rarely seen
- – Florida Panther – Never seen
- – Black Bear very- Rarely seen
- – Calusa Shell Mounds
Several ad ons are available to lengthen the 7 hour Everglades:
Third Party Swamp Walk. Your guide MUST HAVE Big Cypress permit. $100/group
Extending hour boat ride thru 10,000 Islands $125/hr.
Private AIrboat ride
Fakahatchee boardwalk $50/group
Half hour stop in Wynwood on return $50/group.
Native American Tribes
Miami Native Tours’ Everglades
- 9 habitats all the way to Gulf of Mexico
- Dozens of gators, hundreds from March to May
- No selfies with gators – No animal show.
- Airboat to Miccosukee tree island 40+ minutes
- where Miccosukee lived for generations
- No stopping for other guests
- No commission from Miccosukee
Typical Everglades Tours
- Sawgrass region
- Hand fed gators
- Animal show and selfies
- Airboat on Man made canal 22 minutes
- Possible 5-12 pickups & drop offs
- Transfer to bus
- Sticker placed on guests with group number required for driver’s commission on food and gifts bought