The 7 hour tour adds an hour+ boat ride thru the 10,000 Islands to the Gulf of Mexico. We catch the boat behind a century old trading post that is a museum for the most out of the way place in Florida. Our guides are fisherman, all with century long family ties to the area.
Spring is a great time of year with low humidity, few bugs, and little rain. We hope to see:
- Dolphins first chasing fish, then sometimes playing with boat out of curiosity
- Hundreds of alligators
- Rosseate Spoonbills
- American Bald Eagle
- Ospreys and Hawks
- Wood Storks
- Herons, Egrets and Ibis
I suspend Everglades tours in June into July because it rains so much the wildlife is hard to find, airboats get delayed due to lightning, and bugs can devour you while you wait. I need a vacation too.
Hour+ boat ride thru the 10,000 Islands to the Gulf of Mexico for dolphins, manatees, Roseate Spoonbills, White Pelicans and Calusa Shell Mounds. (Extended boat ride upon request)
+ stone crab lunch on fishing docks (not included)
+ Airboat to a Miccosukee Tree Island for gators, birds and history
+ Several stops in Big Cypress for more gators and birds
- Potentially seeing 4 parks
- Everglades NP (Sawgrass region)
- Big Cypress National Preserve
- 10,000 Islands National Wildlife Refuge
- Fakahatchee State Park
The 7 Hour Everglades is a better tour, Much better! But for occasions like strong west winds or red tide, I will always offer downgrading to the 5 hour with a partial refund when conditions merit.
RATES, TOUR TIMES, STOPS AND WHAT TO BRING
Adults (4-8 People) – $130 each
Children and Seniors (4-8 People) – $120 each
Adults (9-13 People) – $100 each
Note: Price doubles from 5 hour to 7 hour tour because my costs rise dramatically with the boat ride to the Gulf of Mexico. A complete cross section of South Florida, from the Atlantic to the Gulf of Mexico.
*Private tour departure time is determined by the customer, BUT the earlier the better. More gators and birds seen early.**
11:00 am is latest pickup for this tour. We don’t want to spoil your night out on the town but…
I also have a special request SUNSET TOUR that i rarely do but is SPECTACULAR. Sunset on the Gulf at a bird rookery.
Ten Thousand Island Boat ride to Gulf of Mexico
Several ad ons are available to lengthen the 7 hour Everglades:
Third Party Swamp Walk. Your guide MUST HAVE Big Cypress permit. extra $100/group
Extending hour boat ride thru 10,000 Islands $125/hr.
Private AIrboat ride (6 pax max)
Half hour stop in Wynwood on return $50/group
Manatee stop back in Miami
Native American Tribes
Miami Native Tours’ Everglades
- Cross section of habitats all the way to Gulf of Mexico
- Big Cypress, Mangrove, Prairie, Sawgrass
- Hundreds of gators thru May
- No selfies with gators – No animal show.
- Airboat to Miccosukee tree island 40+ minuteswhere Miccosukee lived for generations
- No stopping for other guests (unless shared. 2 stops max on shared)
- No commission from Miccosukee. I prefer the referral
Typical Everglades Tours
- Sawgrass region
- Hand fed gators
- Animal show and selfies
- Airboat on Man made canal 22 minutes
- Possible 5-12 pickups & drop offs
- Transfer to bus
- Sticker placed on guests with group number required for driver’s commission on food and gifts bought