The 7 hour tour adds an hour+ boat ride thru the 10,000 Islands to the Gulf of Mexico. We catch the boat behind a century old trading post in the most out of the way place in Florida. Our guides are fisherman, all with century long family ties to the area.
Expect to see:
- Dolphins (usually)
- Dozens of alligators, becoming hundreds in November
- Roseate Spoonbills
- 2000+ year old Calusa Shell Mounds
- American Bald Eagle sometimes
- Manatees November-May
- Ospreys and Hawks
- Wood Storks October-May
- White Pelicans October-March
- Herons, Egrets and Ibis
*Hour+ boat ride thru the 10,000 Islands to the Gulf of Mexico
+ stone crab lunch on fishing docks (not included) Oct-May
+ Airboat to a Miccosukee Tree Island for gators, birds and history
+ Several stops in Big Cypress for more gators and birds
The nasty Gulf Algae Bloom is farther north in the Gulf, not affecting the Ten Thousand Islands. If conditions change I will refund 100% of your money. Any hint of an algae bloom in the Ten Thousand Islands and I will cancel all Everglades Tours and post the algae bloom status on this website.
All private tours can be customized. Upgrades include:
- Longer boat ride (recommended if no dolphins in first hour)
- Private airboat (capacity of 6) add $300 for the best guide in park. Path follows Big Cypress border north. Spectacular!
- Fakahatchee State Park for birds and manatees
- Potentially seeing 4 parks
- Everglades NP (Sawgrass region)
- Big Cypress National Preserve
- 10,000 Islands National Wildlife Refuge
- Fakahatchee State Park
RATES, TOUR TIMES, STOPS AND WHAT TO BRING
Adults (4-8 People) – $130 each
Children and Seniors (4-8 People) – $120 each
Adults (9-13 People) – $100 each
Note: Price doubles from 5 hour to 7 hour tour because my costs rise dramatically with the boat ride to the Gulf of Mexico. A complete cross section of South Florida, from the Atlantic to the Gulf of Mexico.
*Private tour departure time is determined by the customer, BUT the earlier the better. More gators and birds seen early.**
11:00 am is latest pickup for this tour. We don’t want to spoil your night out on the town but…
I also have a special request SUNSET TOUR that i rarely do but is SPECTACULAR. Sunset on the Gulf at a bird rookery.
Ten Thousand Island Boat ride to Gulf of Mexico
Several ad ons are available to lengthen the 7 hour Everglades:
Third Party Swamp Walk. Your guide MUST HAVE Big Cypress permit. extra $100/group
Extending hour boat ride thru 10,000 Islands $125/hr.
Private AIrboat ride (6 pax max)
Half hour stop in Wynwood on return $50/group
Manatee stop back in Miami
Native American Tribes
Miami Native Tours’ Everglades
- Cross section of habitats all the way to Gulf of Mexico
- Big Cypress, Mangrove, Prairie, Sawgrass
- Hundreds of gators thru May
- No selfies with gators – No animal show.
- Airboat to Miccosukee tree island 40+ minuteswhere Miccosukee lived for generations
- No stopping for other guests (unless shared. 2 stops max on shared)
- No commission from Miccosukee. I prefer the referral
Typical Everglades Tours
- Sawgrass region
- Hand fed gators
- Animal show and selfies
- Airboat on Man made canal 22 minutes
- Possible 5-12 pickups & drop offs
- Transfer to bus
- Sticker placed on guests with group number required for driver’s commission on food and gifts bought